Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Keep your chin up TO

Not soo fast....

Those who know me well know that I'm completely and utterly obsessed with fantasy sports. Now that the football season is wearing down, I'm immersed with my basketball teams (three if you're counting at home). Fear not, though, there are still the NFL playoffs and I plan on making a serious run at mediocrecy. I made a bold move last week and acquired the infamous Terell Owens via a ridiculous trade. Earlier today I was excited to see initial reports stating that Owens would be released by the Philadelphia Eagles, could it get any better?. Much to my schagrin, the arbitrator ruled in favor of the Eagles (heh?) and Owens will miss the rest of the season. On a personal level, I completely agree with the arbritrator's ruling and think that Owens is the worst thing since cancer, but on a fantasy level, I was floored. My season is effectively over. Damn. I even had my Terell Owens Houston Texans jersey on pre-order. So much for that.

I think I'll start working in more of a fantasy basketball edge to the blog and try to tone down the music for a while. Music takes a lot of time to put together, and time is not one of my excesses. Dental school has gotten completely out of control and I'm currently working on six different projects. You don't really care about that, so lets just say that I'm swamped.


Lets look at some headlines:


ESPN Insider is reporting that the Bulls are interested in Kevin Garnett. Thank God. This years team is boring as hell to watch and has little veteran talent. Now if they could just move Ben Gordon in a package deal and bring in Peja next year, they might make a title run. Schwing. Deng isn't getting moved, and I don't see anyone wanting Gordon (what a wasted #3 pick)...sad face...
Deng deal? Not likely

To me, though, it comes down to New York, who will take on any contract. They'll get rid of some old dudes (Penny, AD) and get a stud to run with Starbury and the rest of the bloated NY lineup. We'll see bout that: Trade KG? Forget about it, Taylor says

The Cubs are having the most random offseason ever. Maybe their new approach will work. For some reason, I thought Juan Pierre was a lock for center field next year, maybe I'm wrong. I also thought Furcal was going to be the shortstop that they've needed for a long time, maybe i'm wrong again.

Cubs eyeing Howry (who the f' is that?)

God, what is the deal with the Mets? They think they can just grab everyone... Hopefully the cards will ball up and re-sign Grudz

Mets looking to hold a Grudz

Speaking of the Cardinals, they aren't going to resign Matt Morris, and I don't blame them. Here's a prediction for you. Burnett becomes a Cardinal. Duncan turns him around. The Cards win a World Series behind three young studs.

Cards wooing Burnett

Just because I'm not all sports...here's a little music:


Pitchfork is wrong. Like really, really wrong. Last week I said that DFA 1979's new album was the balls. Pitchfork gave it a 0.5 out of pure spite this week. Wrong dildos, best workout music all year. It's obvs that none of the dudes over at pitchfork workout....cause this stuff gets you going...
Pitchfork - Romance Bloody Romance Review

Get you some of Wilco's Kicking Television. It rocks. Best Misunderstood ever.
Wilco - Kicking Television (torrent)

Chris (aka
Gorilla vs. Bear) has an awesome top 25 albums of 2005 countdown. I spent the good majority of the morning working on a paper and listening to his tuneage....



Chin Up Chin Up is a nice little band via the Chi':
Chris Saathoff, the bassist from Chin Up Chin Up, died tragically last year in a DUI hit-and-run accident in the band's hometown of Chicago. It really sucks that you have to start a review this way, but the tragedy puts their latest album, We Should Have Never Lived Like We Were Skyscrapers into important perspective and context. This is a band that has breathtaking melodies laced with a definite sadness, with every sound emitted ringing of perseverance.
Chin Up Chin Up - We Should Have Never Lived Like We Were Skyscrapers
Chin Up Chin Up - Virginia, Don't Drown

3 Comments:

Blogger peter said...

hey -

agreed with the dfa 1979, its not the greatest thing in the world but 0.5. dont really read pitchfork but I can tell that's not a good score. opinions - everybody's got one.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Wow, Excellent post. What the fuck did the Cubs go and do with Howry? They always get crappy middle relievers for way too much money. Oh yeah, Kicking TV is fantastic. I also think that the DFA remix album is good. Sometimes PFork is good, but they are just so full of themselves.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous muebles rioja said...

Very helpful info, much thanks for your post.

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home