Thursday, November 10, 2005

Current Obses': Supersystem



Supersystem is a band I can't really define. Dancepunk, I don't like that term. Prog rock...naw...electro pop....morelike it... ehh.. whatever, it's good.
The NY/DC quartet has been in the lab with a pen and a pad perfecting its unique fusion of Ethiopiques worldbeat, post-Kraftwerk synth pop, and brash Pixies attitude.
Rafael Cohen (keyboards), Destroyer (rants/bass), and Josh Blair (vocals) put it together nicely. Perhaps a little Friday morning Euro is in order for you fine sir?:

Check out their myspace page (listen to miracle)
Check out their webpage

Supersystem - Six Cities
Supersystem - Everybody Sings
Supersystem - Devour Delight

Get their album via:
Touch & Go

2 Comments:

Blogger Cori B. ( : said...

I know this obession as well...though I dont get to hear it much...I work in retail and hear this song once everyone four hours...First time I heard it (six cities), I loved it, we can find out the names of the bands and I got this one wrong (I thought it was super syster) now that I have found it, I can go out and get it!! Anyways, thanks for putting this info up!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

sho' nuff....

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home