Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Running Into Z-Trip



So, I'm hammering out a ride last night just laying into a heavy gear straight headwind when I look up and see a stage with a ton of people in bright yellow shirts running around it. The people were part of Nike's Run Hit Wonder (get it), and the man on the stage was none other than Dj Z-trip, who I wouldn't call a "one hit wonder.". Apparently Fountains of Wayne (I couldn't find their stage), Joan Jett, and the Donnas were also playing. I really lucked out stumbling onto Z-trip in the middle of Grant Park, so it was a nice surprise. I wanted to walk up to him, introduce myself, and let him know that I was a fan, but I was fully clad in spandex.... so he might not have been into that sort of thing.... Half the tool bags running the 10K had no idea who Z-Trip was, but that's their loss. Nike really knows how to put together a race. As they should. Nice course, lots of staff, and a beautiful night in Chicago mix well with good music. Maybe next year I'll just go and walk the course, but only if Poison plays.

Z Trip/P - Dust in the Wind Mix
Z Trip/P - Like a Prayer Mix
Z Trip/P - Star Wars Mix
Z Trip - Walking Dead

5 Comments:

Blogger Dodge said...

got a couple dead links there.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks, they were up last night.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

I ran the Chicago One Hit Wonder last year. Tone Loc, Flock Of Seagulls, and more. Devo played the post-race party.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

That's cool. Did you do the 10K or the 5K. It's a neat event, hopefully I can do it next year.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Sweet, flock of seagulls is always wonderfully gay (the good gay).

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home