Little early morning ADD and Travel by Sea
First off, apparently a couple of homeless people were found smoking a "joint" on the couch in the commons/patio area of my apartment complex last night. It's my couch, which I sit on all "college style" and occasionally drink a beer, so I took notice. I can't decide if it's really scary or really hilarious. One part of me says "hey it's cool, homeless people need somewhere safe to do illegal drugs" and the other part says "fuck, better move that couch." Ahh Chicago. Shoulda gone to IU.
Just a few things (20ish) that I realized yesterday during a long day of classes and "ohh doctor this, doctor that".
- Dental school is full of slimy, anal, and socially inept tools. Some of which are nicer than others. I'm a much better person than most of these people.
- The 22% carbamide peroxide bleach i'm using isn't working well enough.
- Not all dentists take care of their teeth. That is gross.
- Travel by sea is actually pretty cool (see below)
- The Bears are focked. Like seriously focked.
- They could have had the Cadi, he's the answer.
- Kyle Orton is not the answer.
- I was wrong.
- My fantasy team is also focked. I drafted Tatum Bell in the 3rd round.
- I'm a basketball fan.
- Eddy Curry doesn't deserve money sans DNA test.
- Randy Moss is the coolest NFL Player, hands down
- I'm doing a half ironman in five months if it kills me.
- We'll see about 13.
- Can't wait for the weekend.
- Indiana is going to own, I mean own Wisconsin at Madison. Who lives in Wisconsin?
- Can't wait for homecoming.
- I need to ride more, it makes me happy.
- I can drink a venti and not even catch a buzz.
- That's sad.
- Ebert didn't have a major hardon for Thumbsucker. I do.
Justin is embarrassed by his thumbsucking, especially when he gets a crush on a girl named Rebecca (Kelli Garner), who, like most girls nowadays, doesn't think it's cool for a thumb to get all the attention. Justin turns not to a shrink but to an orthodontist named Perry (Keanu Reeves). Perry tries hypnosis; when he asks Justin to walk in an imaginary forest and conjure his "power animal," the best Justin can come up with is a fawn. After all these years it's amazing he doesn't need braces, but instead he gets Perry's mantras: "You don't need your thumb and your thumb doesn't need you." Demonstrably not true.Uhhh almost right there Rog'. The kid might "need" his thumb, but that shit will fuck up your your teeth, we're talking massive ortho later on. Make sure not to let your kids suck their thumbs, or other kids thumbs for that matter. If your kids are sucking another child's thumb, you're a bad parent.
Travel by Sea have never met. Seriously, not even like coffee. Cal and Brian, or TBS as all the blog nerds (or just me, whatever) call them, collaborate online, which explains why you can't find much out about them. If you know anything about these dudes, let me know. Very cool concept (making music hundreds of miles away and putting it together online) with very, very solid tunage. Neutral Milk is dead on. So if you're into them, and the internet, which i'm sure all of you are, you read "blogs" for God's sake, get on it.
Travel By Sea - I Won't Let You Down
Travel By Sea - Come Back to You
Travel By Sea - Complete Shakeup