Thursday, September 01, 2005

Chicago, the city of 8 million mutes..



As I'm walking down a tunnel today, on the way to pick up a present or two, I realize that no one talks to each other here in Chicago. Granted, I was zoned out with my headphones on, but as I walked down a connection between the Blue Line and the Red Line today I realized that Chicago is nothing more than a giant city where no one acknoledges non-business acquaintances. Chicago is wonderful nine months of the year, don't get me wrong, but coming from a more southern, smaller town, it seems weird that no one cares to say hello or talk to strangers. Must be a city thing. Either way, different indeed. Not bad, just different.

I picked up a copy of Nick Flynn's Another Bullshit Night in Suck City and haven't been able to put it down since I got off the train. I actually read a ton of it during one of my perio lectures today, great, great stuff. Anyone read it?

"God's no better than us, just bigger is all.."
Fruit Bats - Traveler's Song
Stream the Fruit Bats album: here

Sportage:
I helped Mere move in last night so I wasn't able to make it to the nerd fest that is Music Bloggers Football. What a toolish ordeal ;) My team worked out, though, and I'm looking for another running back. For some reason in both of my leagues I'm stuck with my season on a QB and no solid RBs. Here's the squad... Compare it to my other one and holler.
Muck Fichigan


:
The Used & My Chemical Romance - Under Pressure (Bowie Cover)
The Strokes - 12 5
Stereophonics - Maybe Tommoro
Cracker - Eurotrash Girl (live
Moe. - Chalkdust Torture (Phish

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog is informative . Dont't stop. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell bathroom furniture on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

3:42 PM  
Anonymous uwmryan said...

You got Peyton, so you will definitely be competitive.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

you want chris brown? he's available on the cheap.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Chris Brown, maybe. I'm thinkin travis henry eventually gets the start there and rips it up. Peyton is nice, I was glad I got him, but had I been there, I would have taken Alexander #2.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home