Saturday, August 27, 2005

Kenseth takes Bristol, Blaney 23rd



Bristol is one bad track. With the bumping and running, and the grudges, it’s out of control. NASCAR’s toughest ticket draws 160,000 and those beer-guzzling fans are not let down. The track is a half-mile and it’s full of excitement. There were plenty of crashes and angry drivers tonight, this is one fantastic sport.
All the hope of Rusty Wallace taking the flag during his last call at Bristol were squashed by bad pitting strategies, Dale Jr. fought back to climb into the top ten, for the race that is. Gordon ran well and is in the chase, but the McCall’s family favorite Dave Blaney (07) didn’t end so well. He started 4th, but ended 23rd. Jack Daniels on the other hand still rocks the party.
Matt Kenseth took the checkered, a race he desperately needed. His crew was on point this evening and helped him to one of NASCAR’s most exciting races. He’s still boring and I’m not sure that I give to stinks of a fart about him.
I wasn’t a big fan of the paint-swapping sport until I moved to North Carolina. Now, I can’t get enough. It’s only a matter of time until I buy a Dodge Charger (how sweet they are, what’s a good price on one grandpa?) or a Monte Carlo and race down a local highway. Racing, er uh, racin’ in the south is a little more complex than I gave it credit for. It’s not just the driver, there’s a lot more involved.
Anyway, go Cards, good luck Bears and LeBron was at the race tonight, proving that NASCAR is moving into another world. It’s a shame that it took this long for me to jump onto the bandwagon. The Dave Blaney bandwagon that is.

NC-Kyle

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle,
We don't have any Chargers at this time but have some coming in. I will put them on our website with prices and photo's as soon as we get them. Be happy to deliver one to you in NC. (Price range - $25000 and up.)
Gramps

6:11 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Nice, hey gramps how much would a descent new desktop run me? I just got my financial aid and my old one is fried. I was thinking about maybe getting one of the small apples, instead of textbooks for the semester?

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ryan, You'll have to ask your brother about Apple PC's (he knows more about them than I do). You can get a decent Dell desktop for about $800 - $1000. Your grandmother & I read your blog every day - don't always know what you are talking about but enjoy it any way. I see spammers are into the blogs too. I have trouble with them on one of my guestbooks.
Gramps

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

Pretty cheep, but all you get is the cube. Gotta have everything else.

Kyle

11:29 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Sweet, where's the country music?

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home