Thursday, August 04, 2005

Jason Mraz half-asses it and I can't get ahold of the cable company...

















How about that for an interesting post title? As I posted a LOOOONG time ago, Jason Mraz's new album Mr-AZ is pretty soft. After a couple more listens (it came out on Tuesday), I still think that it sort of blows ass in a total "I can't decide whether or not to write interesting songs, so I'll just pseudo-whine and play soft guitars mixed in with a few big words..." sort of way. Unfortunate. I know. His first album was solid, I liked it alot, and I'm totally hetero, so back off with that shit. Whatever. He's not Rufus Wainwright, that's for sure, and I still contend that it looks like he's rolling a super spleef over there on the left (cover). Regardless, I still think his album eats a fat one. He's got talent, though, so maybe someday he'll figure it all out and make a cool album that all the hipsters like. Screw the hipsters, they probably like this shit, come to think of it.

Here are a few songs that Jason Mraz didn't half ass. Common man, I expect more, you know you should be doing something with your voice/guitar, stop pussing around holmes.
Jason Mraz - 1000 Things (Accoustic)
Jason Mraz - Common Pleasure
Jason Mraz - I'll Do Anything
Jason Mraz - Curbside Prophet (live)
Jason Mraz - The Remedy (accoustic)

Now for someone that Mraz is blatantly trying to emulate, albeit horribly:
Rufus Wainright - Instant Pleasure
Rufus Wainwright - I don't know what it is
Rufus Wainwright - Pretty Things

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home