Monday, August 29, 2005

Crown preps are for suckers



So lets pretend that you are sitting there, doing whatever it is that you do, agonizing over and carfully planning every little movement that you make, lets say in a 1.0 mm field, or whatever cubical you work in. Lets just say that. Ok, so now lets say that you work your balls off for 90 minutes doing this nerve racking sheez (that you can barely see), only to have an anal-young-professor come over to your station, take one look, laugh, and tell you to "start the entire thing over." Lets just say that.

Sounds like a shitty scenario.

What a friggin day. Dentistry is filled with more anal stuff than accounting. Seriously, what is the difference between 0.25 flippin' millimeters, when most of the people receiving the work you do will never have any idea as to:
A. How good your work is

B. How much bullshit goes into the finite procedure that you are doing


Hell, most people (myself included) don't floss more than once a month. Seriously, my "goal practice" involves me doing good work, at a descent pace, with zero patients in pain. I'm pretty steadfast on the first two, the last one depends on how much crap I get in Dental School. That's the goal. Oh and by the way, I fockin' rocked the second prep. Showed the prof' biotch, and walked out. Sort of ;) Dental school faculty are nothing more than chin omletes in this Peter North's book. Lets just say that.


Damn right
Orton. Snaps for me.

I'm guessing the kid goes 10-6 and leads the Bears to the playoffs, only to become the next Joe Montana. The real question is whether or not he'll have a Roger Craig to go with him (Ced Benson?).

It's either that or he flops and we go 5-12. Defense is looking nasty, though. Orton thinks that "they are the best defense in the league." Batimore and Buffalo are just a bit ahead in my book. One little peev' I have about Orton is that he chews tobacco on the sideline. Nasty shit Kyle, common.

Whatever happened to Agents of Good Roots? If you know the answer, I might just have a contest ala
Chris. If you know my question, you get two fake plastic teeth prepped for gold crown placements. Now that's a prize.

Agents of Good Roots - Hobby/Tangled up in Blue (live)
Agents of Good Roots - Redman Hoedown (live)
Agents of Good Roots - John Brown (live)

8 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Orton! I'm lovin' this. I like how Chad Hutchinson is starter one week, fourth string the next. Brutal ... meanwhile, I get the permanent crown tomorrow. Good god, this will never end.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Goose said...

I'm with Kevin on the dental work comment (although my root scaling has my smile looking pretty). Lets just hope that's the end of it.

Bold prediction: Bears defense will be worse than Detroit's and Minnesotas.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

No way! Detroit looked really, really bad tonight.

8:04 PM  
Blogger SCHRmm said...

I have never ever ever ever flossed! and probbably never ever will. I am vain and self obsessed but still dont floss. Does that make you feel any better about your bad day at tooth school?

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Zachariah said...

ohh you're a bears fan, i knew i liked this blog!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Schrmm:
Better get on that. You're brittish, though, right, do people floss over there ;) ?

1:56 PM  
Anonymous brassband said...

Saw your Agents of Good Roots post the other day and got to wondering what happened to them myself. Seems they've been playing colleges and local venues around VA based on the live shows I found at etree.org. Here's the link to the most recent shows. I forgot how much I liked these guys.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Sweet, thanks brassband. I'll check into it. Good band. You win two drilled plastic teeth. Let me know where to send them ;)

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home