Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Man, I hate the Cubs


Kevin over at So Much Silence got me in a sports mood this morning, so lets rip on the Cubs, heh? I live 0.5 miles away from Wrigley field, so naturally I hate the Chicago Cubs more than anything. Their fans are obnoxious, drunk, and out of the 99 other dental students I see daily, 65 are probably Cubs fans. The other 30+ are foreign trained dentists and aren't too hip to the idea of baseball.... Either way, it sucks. My beloved St. Louis Cardinals lost two (with a split squad, nonetheless) to the Cubs last weekend and I've been getting massive amounts of shit at school in regards the whole thing. My reply: "Nefi Perez hit a grandslam for Gods sake..." The common dental student's reply: "uhh oh yah, know anything about those pathology papers coming up..." You get the idea.... Not only are Cubs fans dense, they are idiots, too. So here's to you Cubs fan, may you burn in hell and watch the Cardinals in the playoffs. Albert Pujols for MVP!

Why is ESPN doing this 50 states in 50 days thing, it sucks, espn sucks anymore, and the majority of their anchors are annoying and loud. Long live sportsline and yahoo sports. I'm not really sure what to do with myself, or my blog for that matter, now that the Tour is over. I made a powerpoint presentation for one of my groups at D-school (lame as denture presentation) and put 4 pics of lance in there along with the bunny/pancake picture made famous on every message board in the world. Ohh man, it killed. OK, that's a lie, but I really enjoyed it, and my friends thought it was funny, so anal dental professors be damned, it owned.


Speaking of sports, this Ricky Williams shizz is hillarious. Guy is a total head, yoga instructor (WTF) and he's going to get 6+ mill this year to run around behind Ronny Brown...common...trade bait.

I've got a few emails from "hipsters" about my post calling them fake hippies. Blah.. "Hey man, that's not cool" (think nerdy, high school voice) is the most common reply. Well, whatever, it's a joke, oh and it's my blog...you don't want a blog war, nerds.

Mere and I went to Lollapalooza, as I blogged about earlier, she'll have a few pictures set up for us tonight. For the two shows we were literally front row for (Saul Williams and Blue Merle) I didn't have a camera, yet....sucks ass, but I got a couple cool pictures of the two of us and a groovy one of the Dandy Warhols, who might have had the most cracked out crowd of any band there. Did they like pass out some H before the show, because there were a lot of old, dirty, f-ed up people there....nothing like the crowd for The Arcade Fire, who put on the best show of the day...more updates tonight...with pictures and music, hopefully.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Ouch! That hurts. Dense! Again, you have like a 25-game lead. We gotta get something. That was our first series win in Busch since, like, 1904, I think. No, really. Neifi's slam was a fluke. Kerry Wood is fragile and I can't see them overtaking the wild card lead. Another disastrous flop of a season. Hope Corey Patterson is enjoying Iowa. By the way, I'm just catching on that you're a dental student. The root canal was tooth No. 14, I believe. Upper left molar. Hurts like a mother of late. But I can't take the vicodin they prescribed because I'll fall asleep at work.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Take half the vicodin and drink a little diet soda, you should be ok enough to get through work. Drinking a ton of water helps, also.

Wood relief, common!, Schilling I think not. It's actually pretty sad to see his carear go south so fast, nasty, nasty talent. Corey Patterson talent, even ;) Nomar in Peoria cracks my shit up. Starting a rehab stint in A ball, ouch... Cards are on the mend, too. I think the central might get a little closer (they had zero problems with the injury bug the first half of the season) and LaRusa doesn't think this team has the same killer instinct that last years did. Which part of Phoenix do you live in? I've been down there a couple times on cycling trips.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks for the medical advice. The tooth was killing last night. I've been taking Advil like candy.

Schilling's decline is funny. He was kind of an ass when he was with the Diamondbacks. His ego has to be taking a hit cuz you know he's jonesing to get back in the rotation. Not sure what happened to the Central, other than the Cardinals just being that much better than everyone else. I wish the Cubs were in the West, the most pathetic division of all. The Padres have lost 7 in a row and the Diamondbacks still can do nothing to take over first place.

As for me, I'm pretty much right in the heart of Phoenix. I work downtown (sports copy editor at the newspaper, the Arizona Republic) and I live just about 15 minutes north of there. Used to live in Tempe when I was going to ASU. It's easy livin' here, except for the merciless heat.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Thats cool. My twin brother is actually a sports copy guy in NC, he does a lot of layout, too. How bout them white sox?

4:16 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Yeah, White Sox. Well, they're pretty good this year. 31-7 against their own division? That's insane. I played high school ball with Konerko. Good guy.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

No shit, Paully is a stud. Austin City Limits, worth it?

4:50 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Yeah, PK is great. Glad to see he made All-Star squad this year. He took me deep (opposite field, no less) during tryouts when I was a junior and he was a senior. ... I'm thinking ACL will be worth it, despite the crowds. Have you seen the lineups at the clubs around town?? Wilco is playing Stubbs. I've been there and they will pack that place. Plus Arcade Fire and I really wanna see Alejandro Escovedo one of the two nights he's playing. This is all in addition to the festival, of course.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home