Monday, July 18, 2005

It's time for a bike rant....


If you own this bike, I have your pride.

So today I go on a training ride. That's cool, all is well, until i get to the lakeshore. Man, I hate the lakeshore. If there isn't a pot hole every ten feet, there is a gap in the pavement and my headset is totally gnarlled. To add insult to injury, my rear wheel is un-true, again for the second time this month. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but it's like flippin $40 to get it trued in Chicago, and all of the local shops are full of a-hole bike mechanics who are too cool to help out some yuppie like myself. Great, when they need dental work someday, they better not come to my office, or i'll act all superior. I did pass, no make that drop, some 20-something guy on a $3K Cerevelo TT bike today going into the wind. The dude thought he was tough and tried to grab my wheel, so I dropped the hammer and made him look foolish. Nice, I love sticking it to jerks on their souped out bikes. Most of them are horrible riders and have these ubber-nice bikes because they are traders or some shit, whatever... Today was a long day. Here are some songs.
Fountains_of_wayne - shes_got_a_problem_(live)
Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine
AC Newman - Miracle Drug
Van Morrison - Now I Got A Woman
Beck - Black Tambourine
Decemberists - Nobody's Home (Pink Floyd Cover)
Weezer - Hold Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home