Sunday, July 17, 2005

Big George with the WIN!!!!



George Hincapie, aka Big George (pictured above) won the hardest stage in the tour today, and what an amazing ride it was. I didn't catch the live feed on OLN this morning (little case of "dysentery" via some Mexican food from last night) but from the velo news schpeal, it sounds like he had one heck of a ride. Congrats to him, he's always been a great teammate for Armstrong, and it's nice to see him take a HUGE stage at the tour. Discovery is going to run away with the race.

Intonation:
Was great. Broken Social Scene completely sucked, though. The male lead singer kept rambling on about some a-hole cops in New York, and how they busted their producer for trying to buy drugs. Great, now play music. The Go! Team was probably my favorite show of the day. At the end of their set (ala Panther Dash, I think) they brought a group of local little kids on stage and they danced along with the band for almost fifteen minutes. Hilarious stuff. I found it especially cool, considering that I go to school no more than a mile south of the park where these kids hang out and a lot of them were similar to the patients I'll begin seeing later on this year. If my patients can dance like those kids did, then everything will be cool. Prefuse 73 surprised the hell out of me. I thought that I would hate their drum/base sample, sans lyrics style, but it was great. Cool show, also. Skipped golf this morning (rut roo) so that I could set some denture teeth all day. It's going to suck, but I'll rock the iPod and just throw them in there. Fun stuff, dentures and all.

Prefuse 73 - Hide Ya Face
The Books - Enjoy Your Worries
Basement Jaxx - Lucky Star
Caribou - Brahminy Kite
Four Tet - Spirit Fingers



Pitchfork didn't give Son Volt's new album Okemah and the Melody Riot the best review. I think it's very good, but I've only listened to it a couple of times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home