Monday, March 21, 2005

Cavity preps and Aqualung



I cut my first modified Class I cavity prep today, similar to the one above, and it was an experience. The first few preps that I've cut have been horrible, thus far, but I borrowed some magnification from a friend and it made a world of difference. I'll be getting a pair of "loupes" as soon as I can scrounge up the $900! that they cost. I'll be sure to talk about my experiences at school on here: not much this week except a Histology test on Friday, so it's not a horrible week. I've enjoyed the off time and have read most of Middlesex: A Novel. Desce' read so far, but for some reason I can't get into the Greek story...

Got the new Aqualung album Strange & Beautiful
today. Haven't listened to the entire thing yet, but I'll update my impression tomorrow.
From Rolling Stone (even though they suck):

Matt Hales, the former child prodigy behind Aqualung, boasts major vocal, instrumental and compositional chops on his American debut, a combination of remixes and tracks from his two U.K. albums. Uniting Radiohead-ish British rock and symphonic pop in the masterly mold of Burt Bacharach, the Beatles and the Beach Boys, tenor Hales delivers keenly focused keyboard-based drama that blows away all pretenders trailing in Coldplay's wake. Garden State soundtrack fans, take note.

-BARRY WALTERS

Off day, my legs have felt terrible (even walking up stairs) all day, so I'm going to rest them tonight and get some sleep. I'm planning on doing a longer ride tomorrow and swimming 500 meters, so this is well deserved.

Knight on Davis: 'That's their problem'


Indiana is going to announce whether or not Mike Davis is going to be back next year, by Tuesday! Bob Knight is dead on, what a stud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home